By looking for the most expensive car seat for babies, you agree to the fact that price is not of concern. You are looking for a car seat that looks great in your premium vehicle or you just want the best for your baby no matter how expensive.
Even though some thing is expensive, it doesn’t make sense to blatantly waste money on it without knowing if it actually carries value for the price paid. Being able to pay premium is a luxury you possess, but we at babymonitorsrev.com hope to outline the BEST baby car seats that MONEY can buy when a budget is out of the question.
There may be baby car seats more expensive than the ones recommended below, but they were rejected from our list due to lack of safety and comfort for your baby. Some of them weren’t easy to install and remove either.
Most Expensive Baby Car Seats – The Best 5 Picks
- Our Top Pick – Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat
- 2nd Best Pick – Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit 4 in 1 Car Seat
- Best Convertible and Comfortale – Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat
- Best Convertible & Compact – Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat
- Best Booster Car Seat – Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120, Licorice
Our Top Pick – Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat
Britax, with its history of child passenger safety since 1966 is one of the most recognized brands in the market for baby car seats.
The Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat is THE best baby car seat (and one of the most expensive) that every parent should aim to own if blessed with the luxury to do so.
Most parents tend to believe they are saving money by purchasing an affordable car seat for a low price but it’s actually the other way round when it comes Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat. Although this 4 in 1 car seat looks expensive, it is worth the price especially with all the options and features that it packs.
For the price you pay for this expensive baby car seat, you skip the need to purchase a new booster car seat or a 5 point harness seat at the toddler age. As it’s name suggests, the Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat is really one for life. It is your baby’s travel buddy from the age of 5 weeks until they turn 10.
High tensile steel frame with V shaped tether and safe-cell crumpling technology, Britax has given their best effort in making this One4Life model as safe as it can be for the premium price its tagged at.
With premium padding, built in hand rests, multiple recline positions and ventilated cooling channels, this baby car seat is just as comfortable as it looks in the picture. Parents swear by this car seat on how their baby sleeps for hours in it, even on long drives.
As you can imagine, the comfortable cover can be a challenge to remove but yet it can removed and is machine washable, which is very important if you want to avoid foul smells in the vehicle. Babies are messy by nature after all.
Due to its steel frame, the Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat is quite a weight to life even without the baby in. It can quite bulky and especially noticeable in a compact car, reducing the comfort for other backseat passengers if any.
What IS interesting though is that it’s quite install the seat in your car, even with its weight. The weight actually makes it solid like a tank once installed.
- Supports your child from 5 weeks old upto 10 years of age.
- Can hold upto 120 lbs
- Easy installation in 3 steps with ClickTight installation system with vehicle seat-belt
- Converts from rear facing infant car seat – forward facing 5 point harness car seat – high back booster car seat
- Patented V Shaped Tether
- Safecell crumples during an accident to absorb the crash energy
- High strength steel frame
- 2 layers of protection on both sides of the car seat from the head to the torso
- 15-point quick adjust headrest & harness
- 9 position quick push recline settings
- Ventilated mesh & Built-in cooling channels for improved air flow
- Machine washable cover
- Premium padding and built-in hand rests
- Approved for air travel by FAA
- Latch / Seat belt installation
- Quite heavy to lift (due to reinforced steel and safety features)
- Quite large (due to extra padding)
- Cover can be challenging to remove for a wash
- Does not include the Anti-Rebound Bar
With an unlimited budget for your baby, you can opt for the most expensive baby car seat. As a smart parent, we suggest you go with the best – Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat.
2nd Best Pick – Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit 4 in 1
Looking at the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit 4 in 1 car seat, you may think it’s similar to or just the same as our top recommended Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat. There is nothing wrong with this mode.
This expensive baby car seat is just as great and it looks quite luxurious too with its choice of designs – thus the reason for being listed on this page as #2 overall choice.
We could have skipped this model complete and recommended the Britax One4Life as the top winner, but Graco deserves its place as well, even if it’s at the #2 place.
Graco has been in the industry just as long as Britax or maybe longer. They are well renowned for their focus on quality, safety and durability.
The Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit baby car seat grows with your child from infancy until 10 years of age. It converts from being a rear facing car seat all the way to a backless belt positioning booster car seat. It’s all packed in one model and at once cost.
No extra units have to be purchased until your child decides to seat on the big boy car seat like any other adult. Although expensive, this baby seat is value for money when you accumulate the cost that would be involved in purchasing different types of car seats at the different age levels of your child.
The awesome win for the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit model is the Extend 2 Fit option which adds 5 extra inches of leg room space for your child if required. Some parents place concern that car seat looks unsafe when extended but Graco is crash tested at rigorous levels for safety of your child at all levels.
As you may notice, this car seat comes with 6 recline positions unlike the 9 position recline option in Britax One4Life. The same goes for the adjustable headrest – the Britax model has 15 adjustable positions while the Graco model has 10 positions.
This is negligible if you look at the clove fashion printed cover which adds that premium look to your vehicle by just being there. It’s quite easy to install the car seat with two different systems – the Self Belt or the Latch system.
What we really liked about this expensive baby car seat is that you can easily remove the cover and have it machine washed without even removing the harness, but what we DID NOT like is how bulky and heavy it can be to carry and put back inside your vehicle. The weight is because of the build structure and the padding for the safety and comfort of your child.
If it were smaller, you may not be satisfied for the premium price paid either – there is no win either way.
- Grows with the child from 4 pounds until 120lbs (5 weeks to 10 years of age)
- Converts from rear facing infant car seat – forward facing 5 point harness car seat – high back belt position booster car seat – backless belt positioning booster
- Extend2Fit 4 position panel provides extra 5-inch leg room space
- Rear facing position can hold baby upto 50lbs
- Long plush inserts for extra comfort for the baby
- Washable seat cover can be removed without removing the harness
- 10 position adjustable headrest and harness (both at the same time)
- 6 position recline
- Clove fashion printed cover screams luxury
- Crashed tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- 2 integrated cup holders
- Easy vehicle installation with self belt / latch system
- Bulky in size
- Quite heavy to lift
If you are all in for the designer look whilst getting ALMOST the same features as the Britax One4All car seat, then by all means, Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit would be the best choice for you. It’s an expensive baby car seat with the looks to prove it.
Best Safety Features – Clek Foonf Convertible
If you are looking for an expensive baby car seat that screams safety, then you cannot go wrong with a Clek. Made in Canada, the Clek baby car seats run through rigid safety tests to ensure the baby is comfortable and WELL secured even at the worst conditions.
If you do survive a crash with the Clek, first you thank God for being alive, then you thank God again for introducing Clek into this world. You already thanked Clek in advance by purchasing their product at a premium price 😉
With safety at the highest priority, the Clek Foonf Convertible Baby Car Seat lacks advanced luxury options such as the extra leg room space. It does not grow with your baby unlike the two models recommended above. It is quite heavy at 38 lbs thanks to the steel structure that the car seat is built on.
Even with such features missing, the Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat is the most recommended car seat when it comes to safety.
They have an excellent customer car service where you can get advise on you which model to go with depending on the vehicle you own or the features you actually require.
The car seat, although quite heavy to lift, is actually a breeze to install with the rigid latch system. It is super safe in both front facing and rear facing modes.
Although it lacks the cushy look in comparison to other expensive baby car seat models, the parents swear the baby falls asleep in minutes after being placed into the Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat.
The entire seat is built with the concept of absorbing energy from any direction in a collision. This is to ensure the car seat takes the impact and passes little or zero impact to your baby.
- Built with solid steel – covered by inner and outer layers of padding for absorbing energy during a crash
- Adjustable head rest for maximum side protection
- Revolutionary Forward-Facing Safety with aluminium crumple technology to absorb energy in a collision
- Effortless rigid latch system for forward facing installation within seconds
- Can be used in rear facing mode until baby is 50lbs
- Steel Anti-Rebound for enhanced safety in rear facing mode
- Stain & odour resistant fabric
- Minimal design allows space for 3 baby car seats in the back seat
- Smooth 3 recline options
- Spot cleaning kit available for cleaning seat cover
- Super heavy at 38 lbs
- Can only be used until the baby weight reaches 65 lbs
- Seat cover not removable (cannot be washed)
If there is any premium that a parent should be willing to pay for, that would be safety and Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat has won the hearts of many parents in this regard.
Best Convertible & Comfortable – Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat
If you are willing to pay premium for a convertible baby car seat without the extra gimmicks of a 4 in 1, then the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat is a worthy investment.
Although it’s not mentioned much in most website reviews, the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat is a customer winner in terms of simplicity and comfort for the baby.
Although this baby car seat (although quite expensive) lacks the luxurious designer look that suits the interior of an expensive vehicle, the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Baby Car Seat has its own special design that screams premium on its own terms.
Parents who own it will understand how babies love being in it and sleeping in it. It comes with a breathable 3D mesh backrest that promotes air flow for ventilation and maximum comfort.
Installation is a breeze with accuracy features such as bubble level indicators that will let you know if the seat is angled perfectly on your vehicle.
No more instincts required. It’s like McDonalds – you get the same burger every time. In this case, the seat is perfectly angled EVERY TIME thanks to the bubble level indicator.
With a steel reinforced frame and rigid cells, the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat passes all safety standards for maximum protection in a collission.
What parents love most is the ZIP feature in the name. You can simply zip remove the cover from the car seat and have it washed and re-installed. It’s THAT easy!
We can go on praising the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat but what we DON’T like is that the Zip Air model comes with only ONE printed design as shown in the image above.
There are more choices in the standard Chicco NextFit Zip model but Zip only model does not have breathable mesh back rest for ventilation.
The Chicco Nextfit ZIP only model without AIR is a great choice by itself and a few dollars cheaper but if you are willing to go expensive with a baby car seat, you go with the maximum a product can offer.
- Rear facing support from 5 – 40 lbs
- Front facing support from 22 – 65 lbs
- Breathable 3D backrest with mesh allows for ventilation
- Zip off padding is easy to remove for washing
- Accurate car seat installation features
- RideRight Dual bubble level indicators ensure seat is perfectly angled
- SuperCinch Latch tightener ensures easy installation for a secure fit with minimal effort
- Steel re-enforced frame and DuoGuard protection with deep rigid cell for maximum safety and protection from impact
- Removable new born positioner
- No Re-thread harness
- Recline sure SMOOTH 9 position leveling system indicates when recline is at perfect lock level
- 9 Position headrest
- Dishwasher safe removable cup holder
- Quick and easy to convert from rear facing to front facing seat
- Does not come with booster feature
- No color choices for the Zip Air model (more designs in Zip model)
- Bulky in size
The Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat has a modern look that stands out against other low priced car seat models, but it doesn’t come close to the premium luxury appear of the other models recommended on this page.
It is not as expensive as the Top 3 baby car seats recommend above but it’s not cheap either.
If you are willing to pay premium for the maximum comfort you can offer to your baby without the booster function, you might as well go for the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible Car Seat for a peace of mind on your next drive.
Best Convertible & Compact – Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat
Unlike the other expensive baby car seat models recommended above, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat only supports weight limit from starting from 14 lbs. This means, you have to wait for the baby to grow past 6 to 8 weeks at least before they can start enjoying this extra comfortable baby car seat.
It can only grow up with the baby until the weight of 85 lbs – which is quite a high limit for a convertible car seat in this range.
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat won it’s place on this page because of the luxurious appeal with it’s classy colors and material designs. Click here to see available colors and designs at Amazon.com
For being a mere convertible car seat without the ability to grow with your child until the age of 10, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible is quite an expensive baby car seat for it’s price tag. We believe it’s still worth the price because of its appearance, build quality and safety features that this baby car seat brings to the table.
With patented air protect side impact protection for your baby’s head, this baby car seat has been recommended by many parents for it’s ability to keep the child safe in many unfortunate incidents.
Although it looks bulky, the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 is quite easy to install with it’s latch system. It’s body is designed to look big but is actually quite compact once placed in your vehicle, allowing more room for other passengers accompanying your child in the back seat.
Unlike the more expensive baby car seats recommended above such as the Britax One4Life and Graco 4Ever baby car seat, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 does not have more recline and headrest options.
It’s limited to 3 recline positions in rear facing mode, 2 recline positions in front facing mode with a customized head rest adjustment system that adapts to the perfect position for your child.
What we really like in this baby car seat is that flip away buckle and harness holders which doesn’t get in the way once removed – making it easy to lift the baby out without any troubles. We’ve had bad experiences in other car seats where the harness getting in the way of the baby only makes them more angrier and louder – especially when they are sleeping!
- Rear facing weight limit: 14-40 lbs
- Forward facing weight limit: 22 – 85 lbs
- Premium fabrics and padding
- Designer cover prints to choose from
- Simple snaps to remove seat cover and harness covers
- Machine washable harness and seat cover
- Superior Air protect Side impact protection for babys head
- Flip away buckle and harness holders make it easy to remove baby easily
- Specially designed to fit compactly allowing comfort for other passengers as well
- 3 position deep recline in rear facing, 2 position recline in front facing
- One handed customized headrest / harness adjustments
- Integrated cup holder
- Recline cannot be changed after installation
Most kids do not like to sit on the booster seats and the rear seat belts of most luxury cars can easily adapt to the size of the child after the age of 5 or 6 years old. If you are simply looking for a luxurious convertible car seat for your baby with amazing material designs, then the Maxi Cost 85 can fulfil this requirement with it’s best looks.
Best Booster Seat – Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120, Licorice
If you are in the hunt for an expensive booster car seat that looks as luxurious as the interior of your vehicle, look no further than the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120. Designed and Made in Italy, this car seat is like the KING of booster car seats.
With its 4D independent adjustment mechanism, the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120 booster seat is a real show off too.
Not only can you adjust the head rest, but you can also independently expand the side wings, increase the height of the upper backrest and adjust the recline position of the seat itself.
The seat has a 5 position recline that adjusts within the base without facing any barrier from the original car backrest.
If that wasn’t enough to show off, the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120 can be easily folded into the size of a laptop bag that you can easily store in the trunk of your vehicle when not used. It’s lightweight at 14.8 lbs, so you can easily carry it with you to be used in an Air Plane or Taxi for that matter.
One may worry about the safety of the seat considering how lightweight the body is.
Aluminium is lighter than steel (used on the body of airplanes) but just as strong and durable. This booster car seat also comes with rigid latch system that makes it amazingly easy to install.
It looks premium too as you can see from the image – like it belongs in a sports car. Your child would be super excited to sit on this car seat.
Although the missing hand rest would be a disadvantage in comparison to other booster car seats, most parents love this part. Kids enjoy the freedom of moving the legs around, thanks to the missing hand rests.
- Made in Italy
- 4 Independent adjustment mechanisms: 1) the headrest 2) the upper backrest 3) the side wings 4) the seat
- Integrated rigid latch system for easy and stable installation.
- 5 recline positions regardless of the car’s backrest for maximum relaxation benefits
- Aluminium reinforced back rest and EPS throughout side wings and headrest protects child from whiplash in front and and rear end collisions
- Can be folded into a hand held 10” x 17.25” x 23.75 box for easy storage
- Lightweight body at 14.8 lbs
- Uses seat-belt of car using it’s height adjustment mechanism (Comes with its own seat belt lock)
- Integrated Cup Holder folds back inside when not used (like in airplanes)
- Weight support from 40 to 120 lbs
- Can be installed with seat belt or rigid latch system
- No hand rest (many found it an advantage)
- Few complaints about lap belt placement tends to ride upto the stomach instead of saying on thighs
If you are looking for a booster car seat that is rich in appearance as it is in features, the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120 would be ideal for your vehicle – especially with its 4D adjustment mechanism that customizes itself exactly to the size of your child for maximum comfort.
Have you made your decision yet? Let us help you with the final verdicts.
If you are simply looking for a premium convertible car seat without booster function, you have 3 choices.
1) For maximum child comfort and least hassle for parents, go for the Chicco NextFit Zip Air Convertible – Parents love it and kids love it.
2) If safety is extremely important due the nature of your driving style or the fear in your mind about the safety of your child, go for the Clek Foonf Convertible – they are like the Volvo of car seats.
3) If you are planning to install more than one car seat in your vehicle or you just have more passengers in the back seat, go for the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible. It’s compact, looks rich with different prints, very comfortable, safe and feature rich as well.
If you are simply looking for a booster seat that provides your child with safety but doesn’t bring down the luxurious look, go with the Ferarri looking Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120 Booster Seat. It’s loaded with comfort features and looks great.
If you are looking for a luxurious ALL in ONE baby car seat that is not only expensive but also packed with premium features, safety, comfort and stays with your child until the age of 10? Then go with the Britax.
We hope you found this guide on the most baby car seats was helpful for you and we wish you the best in the next decision you make – WISELY.
Feeling outdoor adventurous? May we recommend you check out our reviews on the best bicycle trailers for kids.